About Our Church
Fullerton Church History
Bible studies, tent meetings, and traveling evangelists began the work in Fullerton before the church was organized in 1912 at the local YMCA. It was not long when the church moved into the Odd Fellows Hall and then the Presbyterian Church. During 1922-23 the church constructed a small church and school on Chestnut and Santa Fe Streets near Amerige Park in downtown Fullerton. The church grew quickly and they found it necessary to purchase the Methodist Church built in 1909 and located at Amerige and Pomona Avenue in the fall of 1931. The building has been listsed on the National Register of Historic Places since 2001. The combined membership of Fullerton, Brea and Anaheim renamed the old German built brick church; “The Tabernacle Church.” During this time five acres of land were purchased for the church on West Valencia Drive. Later this site became Valencia Junior Academy and then the site for the new church that sits there today. The congregation outgrew the little church on Amerige. Groundbreaking for the new church took place on November 8, 1964. The first services were held in the new building on May 21, 1966.